Local Giving Program
Walmart believes in operating globally and giving back locally – creating impact in the neighborhoods where we live and work. Through the Local Giving Program, Walmart stores, Sam's Clubs and Logistics facilities can support the needs of their communities by providing grants to local organizations.
If you are applying for funding through a Sam's Club location, additional focus areas are considered. Learn more about the Sam's Club Giving Program.
Before applying, please note:
- The application deadline to apply for the 2013 cycle is December 1, 2013.
- The Local Giving Program awards grants of $250 to $2,500 through each of our Walmart stores, Sam's Clubs and Logistics facilities.
- Organizations must be described as one of the following:
- An organization holding a current tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3), (4), (6) or (19) of the Internal Revenue Code;
- A recognized government entity: state, county, or city agency, including law enforcement or fire departments, that are requesting funds exclusively for public purposes;
- A K-12 public or private school, charter school, community/junior college, state/private college or university; or
- A church or other faith-based organization with a proposed project that benefits the community at large.
- Applications must be completed in full and submitted online to be considered.
- Submitting an online application does not guarantee funding.
- The facility manager and the grant administrator reserve the right to adjust the amount awarded to each organization without prior notice.
Please read the Local Giving Guidelines before beginning your application.